Nine ECSU students inducted into Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society
By Kesha Williams
Nine ECSU students were recently inducted into the Iota Nu Chapter of Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society:
Gilbert Avent, a junior majoring in music and minoring in education from Roanoke Rapids, N.C. Darrin Corbin, a senior majoring in criminal justice from Rich Square, N.C. Ashley Knight, a senior majoring in accounting from Corapeake, N.C. Carolyn Knott, a senior majoring in psychology from Charlotte, N.C. Anneisha Lynch, a junior majoring in psychology from Hollister, N.C. Perrie Sanders, a junior majoring in special education from Zebulon, N.C. Christin Smith, a senior majoring in communication studies from Wilson, N.C. McKinley Strother, a senior majoring in communication studies from Hampton, Va. and Marsheda Vann, a senior majoring in English from Elizabeth City, N.C.
Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society is comprised of 875 chapters across the U.S. and abroad. Founded in 1924, the organization strives to:
• Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies
• Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities
• Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing
• Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members
• Exhibit high standards of academic excellence and
• Serve society by fostering literacy.
Faculty advisors for the Iota Nu Chapter are Dr. Jeanette Morris and Professor Jenna Miller