ECSU holds mock drill on March 19
March 15, 2010
Classes dismissed for Spring Break March 15 – 19
On March 19, 2010, ECSU will conduct a full scale emergency mock drill between 7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. During this time, normal traffic patterns may be altered. Pedestrians, motorists or delivery trucks will be restricted from the site of the exercise, the perimeter of the Ridley Student Complex. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconveniences the restricted area may pose to normal traffic patterns on March 19, 2010. Our goal is to maintain campus safety even during a crisis. Each campus in the UNC system will conduct an emergency exercise to allow administrators, staff and emergency personnel to practice their response methods.
Please be aware that during this time the following may occur
- DRILL email notifications and voicemail messages
- DRILL email notifications via cell phones (for persons who signed up for PIER)
- Siren alert will be activated
- Drill Website alerts
- ECSU University Police in conjunction with external law enforcement agencies and emergency personnel will be on our campus during the drill
The state Department of Transportation will also provide large message board signs to inform motorists and residents the exercise will take place on March 19. The signs will appear in the following locations:
- NC 344 North Bound near the K.E. White Graduate and Continuing Education Center
- NC 344 South Bound near Viking Village
- Herrington Road near Roebuck Stadium
- Parkview Drive
This drill will take place during Spring Break and will not interrupt classes. The student body will not be on campus March 15 – 19. Please see the attached flyer for more information. University administrators plan to hold a press conference at 2 p.m. on March 19 at the K. E. White Graduate and Continuing Education Center. ECSU Chancellor Willie J. Gilchrist is our spokesman.