August Provides Students With Plenty Of Activities
The new semester is here and the campus is buzzing with activity.
Students are moving in for the semester, professors are getting ready for the first day of class, and staff is busy preparing a list of events to kick off 2017-2018. This past Sunday, freshmen were treated to Viking Pride Bash at the Vaughan Center, and throughout the month there’s more to come for everyone.
The start of fall semester at Elizabeth City State University has a big list of activities beginning this week, and running to the end of August. According to the folks at Student Affairs, there are more than 20 activities to help get students oriented with campus life, as well as one another.
From Cupcake Wars to the Polished, Poised and Professional Mixer, there will be something for everyone this month. Here’s a look at some of the activities planned, and if you’re looking for more information, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 252-335-3276.
- Super Grocery Bingo Monday, Aug. 14, 7 p.m. at the Ridley Student Center stage.
- Freshman Program: Sexual Assault, Drug and Alcohol, Monday, Aug. 14, information table open until 4:30 p.m. in the Ridley Student Center.
- Make-A-Name for Yourself (arts and crafts) Tuesday, Aug. 15, 1 p.m., Ridley Student Center stage area.
- Cupcake Wars, Wednesday, Aug. 16, 6 p.m., Ridley Student Center, room 216 of the Ridley Student Center.
- DJ in the Café, Wednesday, Aug. 16, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Bedell Café.
- Campus Resource Fair. Thursday, Aug. 17, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., first floor of the Ridley Student Center.
- Student Body Pre-Game, Mickey L. Burnim Fine Arts Center, Friday, Aug. 18, 7 p.m.
- Midnight Breakfast, Friday, Aug. 18, 10 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., Bedell Café.
- Royal Blue and White Party Saturday, Aug. 19, 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., Williams Hall Gym.
- Organization Registration and Student Organizational Expo, Saturday, Aug. 19, noon to 2 p.m., at the Promenade.
- Student Government Association Leaders Open House, Monday, Aug. 21, noon to 2 p.m., room 216 of the Ridley Student Center.
- Recognizing Your Leadership Style, Tuesday, Aug. 22, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., room 216 of the Ridley Student Center.
- Meet the Faculty and Staff, Wednesday, Aug. 23, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., room 216 of the Ridley Student Center.
- F.I.N.A.O. Diversity Workshop and Guest Speaker, Thursday, Aug. 24, 7 p.m. in the Ridley Student Center stage area.
- Polished, Poised, and Professional Mixer, Friday, Aug. 25, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Ridley Student Center stage area.